During the welding process, properties of the material do not change and connections between pipes and fittings remain strong and safe. The socket fusion is used for connections between 1/2” and 4” (20 mm – 125 mm) and butt fusion for connections bigger then 4″ (125 mm) up to 12″ (315 mm).
NOTE: For easier installation 4″ (125mm) flange adapters are design to be butt fused directly onto pipe or socket fused using coupling.
For connections to non-fusion parts of the system, such as mechanical equipment, valves, different material piping, pre-fabricated section, etc. PESTAN offers 2 methods:
- Using transition fittings, made of mold injected polypropylene random fitting with integrated brass or stainless steel threads. Since transition fittings already come with the threaded metal inserts, it is important to pick right sizes of the pieces from the variety offerings of the male and female transition fittings from the PESTAN’s product list.
- Using flange connections, PESTAN pipes require fusion of polypropylene random flange adopter with the steel ring. Between flanges, PESTAN recommends using full face rubber gaskets, or ring gaskets for lower pressure systems.
- Screw Union form 1/2″ to 2″
- PEX compression adapters are now available in 1/2″ and 3/4″ sizes. Pestan’s PEX compression adapters are great solution for installers to transition from PP-RCT system to PEX in potable water and radiant heating and cooling systems. PEX compression brass parts are made of zero lead complying to NSF 61 and NSF 372.
PESTAN offers following valves which are connected to the system using socket fusion:
- Ball Valves between 1/2″ and 2″ (20mm — 63mm)
- Stop Valve Body 1/2″ to 1″ (20mm — 32mm)
- Globe Valves 1/2″ to 1″ (20mm — 32mm)
- Concealed Valves 1/2″ to 1″ (20mm — 32mm)
Note: valves not manufactured by PESTAN can be installed using flanges or transition fittings.