Nominal ID Sizes:
- 1/2″– 3/4″ SDR7.4
- 1″ – 24″ SDR9, SDR11 or SDR17.6
Material: PP-RCT/Fiber Composite/PP-RCT
Color: SDR7.4 and SDR9 Green with four Grey Stripes,
SDR11 and SDR17.6 Solid Green
Applications: Heating and cooling systems, compressed air and vacuum, industrial, geothermal and transportation of variety of chemicals. PESTAN mechanical pipe is not rated for transportation of drinking water nor food grade fluids.
PESTAN MECHANICAL pipe is made of most advanced PP-R material, known as PP-RCT, and the unique middle layer fiber layer technology. New generation material, PP-RCT Polypropylene-Random-Copolymer has improved temperature resistance and enhanced crystalline structure achieved by a special nucleation. PESTAN’s high heat stabilized material shows superiority of keeping pressure ratings after longer periods of time giving ability of PP-RCT material to stay in ductile state trough entire service life.
Middle layer of MECHANICAL PIPE is made of PP-RCT material and glass fibers, which are ideally integrated within the pipe structure. When this special layer is extruded, the outside and inside layers remain unaltered. When exposed to the heat the glass fibers prevent PP-RCT material from expanding. As a result, the overall expansion and contraction of the pipe is reduced by 75% to 80% compared with non-fiber plastic pipes. The fiber layer effects properties of the pipe when exposed to higher heat, as a result, less support is required in comparison with other plastics.
Compared with the design of expansion loops in traditional metal systems, PESTAN mechanical pipe does not require any additional expansion control. Furthermore, the pipe itself absorbs its own stresses and does not require trust blocking when pipes are buried.
*ASTM F2389 X1.1.4 requires the pressure rating at 180°F to be calculated based on an application class 5 from ISO 15874-2, but if the calculated pressure exceeds 100 psi, it has been arbitrarily lowered to 100 psi to conform with U.S. plumbing codes.
- ASTM F 2389 Standard specification for pressure rated polypropylene (PP) piping system
- NSF/ANSI 14 Plastic Piping Systems Components and Related Materials
- CSA B137.11 Polypropylene (PP-R) pipe and fittings for pressure applications
- ICC-LC1004, PP, PEX, PEX-AL-PEX and PP-AL-PP piping, tube and fittings used in radiant heating and water supply
- ISO 9001 Quality Standard
- 2015, 2012, 2009 and 2006 (Chapter 21 Hydronic Piping) International Residence Code (IRC)
- 2015, 2012, 2009 (Chapter 12 Hydronic Piping) and 2006 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2015, 2012, 2009 and 2006 Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC)
- 2015, 2012, 2009 (Chapter 12) and 2006 Uniform Mechanical Code (UMC)
- 2013 and 2010 California Mechanical Code (CMC)
- 2010 National Plumbing Code of Canada
MECHANICAL PIPE OFFERING AND DIMENSIONS:
Note: Larger diameter pipes available in 19ft and 38ft lengths (see chart above).